1st annual Vintage Forester Travel Trailer Rally

Yay! I made it. It took 2 days to get there. Well I also took my time taking photos of neon signs. And took naps at rest stops. the rally was at Pilot Knob State park in Forest City, IA the place where Foresters were born and made.
So 1st day we all set up camp and look at each others trailers.
Then the evening of the 16th major thunder storm. Scared the shit out of me, I screamed like a little girl (I don't do that ever) when lightning struck between our trailers and blew out the electric. THE screamed scared the shit out of Hammer and fireworks thunder don't bother him. Then I noticed.... I'm getting wet so I got my flashlight checked all of my windows. All I thought were dry and good but nope! The rear window above my bed was leaking. So I watched the drip and tried to figure out how to remedy issue from inside. My conclusion was to redirect the water back outside. There was no way I could fix it from outside with the downpour that was happening. So This is what I did. I got a knife and cut a slit in screen got a plastic lid and cracked the window open.
 So the drip would land on oblong lid  that rested on top of the lower jalousie window and follow lid to the end and drip back outside on lower window. WORKED GREAT!!! Now I swore I took a photo of my McGiver but I didn't. The next day I got out my trusty duct tape and taped the edges of window the seals were bad. womp womp.

A total of about 25 vintage Forester trailers showed up for the 1st rally. I assumed (I know, don't do that) that I would be the odd man or shall I say woman out at rally. I'm so used to being the odd one. But nope we were an electric group of folks from many walks of life and we all had our Foresters in common. What a great group of folks! I learned so much everyone was so generous with their knowledge. Another great thing is some of the original employees came to see our trailers. They have't seen them since they left the assembly line. Clarence even bought a walker just for the event and toured every trailer!
We had a potluck and they even handed out awards lucky me I won furthest distance and even best trailer. I think it was the floor the won it really.
I feel real bad I don't remember who belongs to which trailer and their years ( the trailer I mean)
But the next rally I will have all of that information!


Guiou trailer
My trailer Martini Time better known as Olive



Terry's Orphan 



marigold


Ron sue's cub


Guiou's wonderful dog
Me and Clarence

Marlin and Karen Hanson showing off the rock the Guoiu Taylor made for them

Guoiu did such a wonderful job painting the rock

BYE Roni till next year!

Comments

Popular Posts